Pledge Card for Parent of Girl Child
|Respect the Girl Child - My Support|
Pledge Card for Parent of Boy Child
|Respect the Girl Child - My Support|
RESPECT THE GIRL CHILD
SIP Academy India’s Initiative:
The falling sex ratio in our 2011 census shook us into action. We are extremely concerned as this will have serious ramifications for our society in the years ahead. Keeping this in mind SIP Academy India adopted an initiative on “Respect the Girl Child” as our core Corporate Social Responsibility for the next 5 years on 5th August 2011- Our Founding Day Anniversary.
We, as an Organization take immense pride in having developed numerous confident and enterprising women in various roles such as Course Instructors, LCLs, Master Trainers, Area Heads, State Heads and Employees. Our team of women has not only transformed our Organization, but also in many ways the society they are living in.
The first task is to spread awareness about this very serious issue. We want all associated with training & developing children as change agents.
In 2011, we also initiated one campaign – A pledge for parents of boy child, “I will not take Dowry.” The drive for this initiative was mainly because parents of the girl child have to spend money as dowry due to social pressures. In the prevalent socio-economic realities, most parents find their hands tied to get substantial money for dowry. In a majority of cases they end up carrying a lifelong burden of loans.
To create Social consciousness we introduced a pledge card that parents can volunteer and sign on the card and vow not to receive or demand dowry for their son’s marriage.
In 2013, we initiated another campaign this time for parents of girl children – A pledge card saying “I pledge to support and respect my daughter in her choices relating to Higher Education and Career.”
Many SIPians and associates have taken this vow and signed the pledge card.
Other Initiatives in 2015:
- At Chennai, we are supporting the education of a few girl children from a nearby school (Sharadha Vidayalaya), managed by the Ramakrishna Mission. These girls come from poor backgrounds and also are doing poorly in school and hence are at risk for dropping out. The project is to educate Girl Children to bring them respect. Based on the school’s requirement, this year we sponsored the education of 16 students.
- Pledge card was extended to parents during various events. 55 girl child pledge cards and 48 boy child pledge cards were signed.
- Nepal relief fund
- Joy of Giving Week
- Chennai flood relief- SIP Academy India took the following initiative to support those affected by Chennai flood:
- 50% of the Monthly royalty payable for November by all the Chennai Franchisees of SIP Abacus & Global Art were waived off
- 100% of monthly royalty payable for November by the 13 worst affected centers in Chennai , Cuddalore & Pondicherry were waived off
- All employees and channel partners contributed towards the cause
- Provided financial support to 36 Course Instructors and 10 employees who were worst affected.
Other Initiatives in 2014:
- At Chennai, we are supporting the education of a few girl children from a nearby school (SharadhaVidayalaya), managed by the Ramakrishna Mission. These girls come from poor backgrounds and also are doing poorly in school and hence are at risk for dropping out. The project is to educate Girl Children to bring them respect. Based on the school’s requirement, this year we sponsored the education of 16 students.
- Pledge card was extended to parents during various events. 174 girl child pledge cards and 81 boy child pledge cards were signed.
- Kashmir Relief fund - To support the innocent people suffering in cold during December 2014 winter, SIP Academy India donated 2000 blankets to Uday Foundation (through NDTV ). The funds were collected from the entire system – from Parent to Employee.
- 2 hr Counseling session for 10th Std students at Sharadha Vidhyalaya.
for further information , you can write to our CSR official : email@example.com
Glimpses of 2015
Dinesh handing over check to the principal of Sharadha Vidyalay School, Chennai.
Annual day celebration at Kovilambakkam on 2nd August 2015, 24 girl child pledge cards and 10 boy child pledge cards were signed.
Annual day celebration at Rajakilpakam on 16th August, 2015. 12 girl child pledge card and 11 boy child pledge cards were signed.
SIP day out 2015- 39 SIP employees signed the pledge card. 27 boy child pledge card and 19 girl child pledge cards were signed
Nepal relief fund- SIP Academy received an acknowledgement from Prime Minister’s relief fund for 1.25 lakh contribution made towards Nepal Relief.
Joy of Giving Week (Chennai) - Students of LCL Mrs. Susena from SIP Maanas Academy, Padur (Chennai) gave thank you letters and gifts to their maids and security guards as a token of gratitude during the Joy of Giving Week. Students also gave gifts to under privileged children from an NGO nearby
Joy of giving week- 100kgs of grains was collected by students of SIP Shahpura, Bhopal for the drought affected areas of Marathwada
Diwali- Around 30 students from SIP Alpha students Academy, LCL Mrs. Mazhar Unissa, Neelankarai (Chennai) conducted an awareness walk against bursting crackers during Diwali.
Dinesh handing over checks to those affected by Chennai flood.
Glimpses of 2014
National Kolor Champ contest held on 2nd November, 2014 at Chennai Trade Center. Out of 800 parents, 63 boy child parents and 129 girl child parents signed the cards.
Kashmir Relief Project- Receiving certificate from Uday Foundation, a Delhi based NGO.
Kashmir Relief Project- A total of 4 lakhs was collected from employees, channel partners, licensees and parents. The amount collected was used to donate 2000 blankets to the affected areas through Uday Foundation, a Delhi based NGO.
Annual day celebration at Rajakilpakam ton 17th August, 2014. Out of 100 parents who participated, 30 girl child pledge card and 14 boy child pledge cards were signed.
Annual day celebration at Kovilambakkam on 23rd August 2014, out of 50 parents who participated, 15 girl child pledge cards and 4 boy child pledge cards were signed.
Counseling session for 10th standard students at Sarada Vidyalaya School on 7th February 2015. Our employee Ms. Sunita Daisun (ex-student of Sarada Vidyalaya) and MD, Mr. Dinesh Victor delivered motivational speech and gave tips for board exam preparation.